Wanted: partners who share our interests and values.
"We are delighted to be able to support the valuable work Citizens Advice does. During May and June last year we pledged 50% of our fees to Citizens Advice in Stroud for advising in connection with wills and lasting powers of attorney. This brought new clients to our door and raised the profile for both WSP Solicitors and Citizens Advice Stroud District.’ WSP Solicitors
Most people seek out Citizens Advice at a time of transition– whether that be redundancy, divorce, collapse of their business, bereavement or illness. We’ve all been there, or will need this kind of help at some point in the future.
Resolving a problem that has been causing financial hardship often turns families’ lives around so that they can feed their children properly; heat their homes adequately, or prevent them and their children becoming homeless. There are proven health benefits to getting good timely advice: our clients tell us that our advice has reduced stress and anxiety and depression and increased their self-confidence to tackle problems they may face in the future.
We're really keen to connect with other charities, businesses or commissioners that have a shared interest with us in any areas of our work and we'd love to partner up with you for mutal benefit. Plese contact us if you think we could work together.
We need people to:
- Raise money for us– remember we are a local charity that doesn’t receive any government funding – could you organise a cake sale at work; run a marathon; do a sponsorted hair shave?
- Tell your friends, family and colleagues about Citizens Advice and endorse us to help raise our profile.
- Help us with back office skills and services: design and publishing, printing; sign writing; office furniture; meeting room or office space. Every pound we can save on these kind of costs gives us another pound to spend on giving much-needed advice to people in our communities
In exchange, we can
- help you to promote your business in the communities in which we work
- give you a great reason to organise an activity that will build and strengthen your team
- provide volunteering opportunities where your staff can use their skills to benefit the community whilst also developing their own skills and knowledge, whether that be at Board level, by becoming a Trustee, or in a more practical role.
If you'd like to explore how we could work with you in the Cotswold District, please contact us.
If you'd like to explore how we could work with you in the Stroud district, please contact us.
Can you help us with some practical help?
We'd love to hear from anyone with professional skills that they'd like to offer to support our work.
From time to time we need help with:desk-top publishing and publications design;research and campaigning;coaching and mentoring,marketing andfundraising.
Contact us today to discuss how you'd like to help.